What is a Vaginal Yeast Infection?
It is an infection of the vagina that causes itching and burning of the vulva, the area around the vagina.
Vaginal yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of the fungus Candida.
Who gets yeast infections?
Women and girls of all ages can get vaginal yeast infections. Three out of four women will have a yeast infection at some point in their life. Almost half of women have two or more infections. Vaginal yeast infections are rare before puberty and after menopause.
Who is more at risk of getting a Yeast Infection?
- You are pregnant
- You have diabetes and your blood sugar is not under control
- You use a type of hormonal birth control that has higher doses of oestrogen
- You douche
- You recently took antibiotics such as amoxicillin or steroid medicines
- You have a weakened immune system, such as from HIV
What are the symptoms of Yeast Infections?
The most common symptom of a vaginal yeast infection is extreme itchiness in and around the vagina.
Other signs and symptoms include:
- Burning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulva
- Pain when urinating
- Pain during sex
- A thick, white vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese and does not have a bad smell
You may have only a few of these symptoms. They may be mild or severe and you might want to scratch it badly.
What do we recommend to treat Yeast Infections?
Steam every other day
Drink your tea 3 times a day and alternate the tea’s with days.
Your consistency will be needed when treating it and it will soon pass. Finish your treatment so that it does not recur.
You can also send us a WhatsApp on 065 225 2525